No one wants to spend money needlessly, so is planned maintenance really necessary? The answer to that question is a qualified yes. While you may be able to get away without doing routine maintenance on some equipment, for certain types of equipment, it is an absolute necessity.
- Refrigeration equipment: clean condensers and inspect condensing unit, replace worn gaskets
- Ice machines: clean and sanitize at least twice a year
- Steamers: delime boiler and change filters
- Heating and air conditioning equipment: change filters, clean condensers and evaporators and check combustion equipment
Due diligence to these few items WILL SAVE YOU MONEY. Ignore them, and you may end up with significant repair bills or even replacement costs long before the normal lifetime of the equipment. So what are the benefits of planned maintenance?
- Total lower cost of ownership.
- Longer equipment life
- Lower operation and energy costs
- Less down time, especially during peak operation periods
- Smaller likelihood of equipment failure
- Emergency service costs reduced
- Essential maintenance done during off hours
- Less chance of food spoilage
- Better health inspection scores
This is the minimum you should be doing, and yes, most or all of this you can learn to do yourself. But will you? In a business where there is never enough time to do everything that has to get done, it is easy to put off these essential tasks.
All our PM plans are tailored to our customers’ specific needs and budget requirements. The work can be done at a time that is convenient for you. Monthly payments keep the costs manageable and spread the cost of keeping your equipment properly maintained throughout the year.
Call today and let us set up a plan for your facility.